The Tenant Central 2015 – 16 programme has now ended. There are no further free in house training sessions available.
If you are interested in arranging training for tenants and communities please contact Tpas.
48 in house training sessions were delivered through the 2015-16 programme.
Satisfaction rates for courses exceeded the targetted 85% and more than 85% of tenants were feeling more confident at the end of the courses.
Subjects such as ‘introduction to scrutiny’ and ‘challenging effectively’ were very popular.
How did the programme work?
To apply for an in-house session, tenants or housing providers:
- Identified which course is right for them;
- Read the in house course information so they knew the requirements;
- Read the Social Media requirements if this is the course you wanted to host;
- Completed and returned the expression of interest form.
The organisation hosted the FREE session and Tenant Central provided a qualified trainer and training materials.
Priority for in house sessions was given to organisations that did not receive in house training during the last Tenant Central programme or those that had limited access to the available training and support.
Example In-House courses:
Tenant Central offered a range of courses including those listed below. Courses could be tailored to meet local requirements.
- Understanding Housing Performance Information
- Getting to Grips with Scrutiny
- Reviewing your approach to Scrutiny
- Planning your Scrutiny Review
- Reporting for Scrutiny
- Introduction to Improving Services
- Reviewing your approach to Improving Services
- Inspecting your landlord
- Health and Safety for Inspectors
- Mystery Shopping
- Interviewing and Questioning Skills
- An Introduction to Social housing
- An Introduction to Housing Law
- Value for Money
- Budgeting for Beginners
- Raising the Cash
- Embracing Diversity
- Effective Meetings
- Chairing Skills
- How to Challenge Effectively
- Being an Effective Group
- Building your Confidence
- Presentation Skills
- Managing a Project
- Engaging with Social Media
- Tackling Community Issues
- Being a Tenant Champion
- Your role, Your Community
- Setting up a group
- Organising a Community Event
Click to close
What we ask of you:
- Arrange for between 8 and 15 tenants to attend
- Make sure that the venue meets required accessibility features
- Advise the delegates that they will be asked to complete an equality monitoring form
- Provide a suitable sized training room for a number of delegates who are attending, preferably laid out in cabaret style or a U shape
- Provide refreshments including lunch or tea
- Provide any equipment that the trainer would like, such as a flip chart, data projector, screen and laptop
- Let us know if any of the delegates have any specific requirements
- Provide a register of all delegate names including staff attendees
Click to close
Under this programme, organisations are entitled to one free training session only. The training is free to tenants but if staff, want to attend then there may be a charge of £100 + VAT per member of staff.
For more information about Tenant Central, please contact:TPAS, 4B Trafford Plaza, 73 Seymour Grove, Manchester M16 0LD TPAS: 0161 8683500
Click to close